What is “Personal Information?”
- The Privacy Act 1988(Cth) currently defines “ personal information as meaning information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable
- Whether the information or opinion is true or not and
- Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not
What information for we collect?
The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the website. The personal information which we collect and hold about you may include login credential, payment details, email address, phone number, name and address
How we collect your personal information
- We may collect personal information from your whenever you input such information into the website
Purpose of collection
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the website.
- We customarily disclose personal information to our service providers who assist us in operating the website. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- By using our website you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you and if it is a material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from us. We do use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communication of this nature
Access and correction
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstance and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access please contact us as set out below.
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by RFBWORLD and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will in consultation with you take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome you may refer to the matter to the office of Australian information Commissioner.
Your personal information may be transfer overseas or stored overseas for a variety of reasons. It is not possible to identify each and every country to which your personal information may be sent. If your personal information is sent to a recipient in a country with data protection laws which are at least substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles and where there are mechanisms available to you to enforce protection of your personal information under that overseas law, we will not be liable for a breach if the Australian Privacy Principle if personal information is mishandled in that jurisdiction. If your personal information is transferred to a jurisdiction which does not have data protection laws as comprehensive as Australia’s we will take reasonable steps to secure a contractual commitment from the recipient to handle your information in accordance with the Australian Principles.
In some circumstance, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation provide additional protection to individuals located in Europe, where this is the case, there may be additional rights and remedies available to you under the GDPR if your personal information is handled in a manner inconsistent with that law.
How to contact us about privacy
If you have any queries or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us through: email@example.com